Apparently your 20s are the best time of your life and don’t get me wrong, mine were pretty awesome and if someone was trying to tell me why you should look forward to turning 30, I would have said BEHAVE! If I’m being truly honest, I wasn’t the best fan of turning 30, I just wanted to stay in my 20’s forever haha!
Whenever I used to moan about my age or wanting botox (I still do but this is a story for another time), my Mum would always remind me of the famous quote ‘Do not complain about growing old. It is a privilege denied to many’ and she is so right. I feel very lucky that I am in my 30’s and I actually finally feel like an adult haha!
Here are my top 15 reasons why life is amazing when you turn 30…
1. Throwing a big party – You only turn 30 once so make sure you enjoy every single minute of it. I had a small surprise party at home as I wasn’t best thrilled with turning 30! but if I could do it again, I would have seen it as something to celebrate.
2. You’re here for the Au Natural look – In my 20’s, I wouldn’t dream of leaving the house without my makeup on and although I love makeup so much, I’m confident enough now to embrace my own skin and go au natural at times.
3. Nights out on the town – Nights out change from nightclubs and throwing up in your kitchen sink after a few too many tequilas (ok, this actually happened in my 30’s but it was my hen party so cut me some slack) to nice quieter pubs where you can actually hear yourself think. I’m not selling this am I? That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t go to a nightclub though mind 🙂
4. Dating gets serious – As we grow older, we tend to be on the lookout for ‘The One’ which means less ghosting and more communication.
5. Saying goodbye to friendships – We say goodbye to toxic friendships and keep our circle small but strong – with your experience you can spot a bad friendship a mile away.
6. You won’t have everything figured out – People think that by the time you turn 30, you have to have everything figured out and that’s just not true. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself as the majority of us are still trying to work it out and I don’t think that’ll change anytime soon.
7. Don’t stop travelling – You don’t have to stop travelling just because you turn 30. Embrace new adventures and new opportunities to see the world.
8. You know who you are and what you like – Life just seems a lot easier compared to when you were 18 years old. Everything is just a little less complicated and you learn to concentrate on the important things in life.
9. You feel happy in your own skin – This is something that I am still working on but many people in their 30’s say they feel more confident in their bodies in comparison to their 20’s.
10. Fashion comes back around – Do you remember when you were younger and your Mum would always say, they were fashionable back in my day? Think denim pedal pushers, flares, scrunchies, ripped jeans etc. Hold on to your favourite fashion pieces ladies as guaranteed they will all be making a comeback. I really should have kept my trousers with the tassels and believing that I was the fourth member of TLC – only JOKING! or am I?
11. You still feel young – Just because you turn 30, it doesn’t mean that you’re doomed. Age is nothing but a number and I still feel like I am in my mid-20’s, plus most people genuinely think that I am in my late 20’s. I will take that any day of the week people!
12. You own your mistakes – This is such a big sign of maturity, stepping up to the plate and owning your mistakes instead of trying to pass it on to someone else.
13. Stop wasting time – Life really is so short and as we approach 30 (yes, I know it’s still really young) it really does give us a kick up the arse when it comes to making sure we accomplish all our goals and doing everything that we want to do.
14. You’re wiser – You may have gone through terrible heartbreak and worked a bunch of shitty jobs but now you’re wiser and know better. Instead of looking back cringing on the decade just gone, embrace the learning curve that you have been given when turning 30.
15. You remember the 90’s – The days of Clueless and cheesy boy bands; I am so happy that I got to be a part of the amazing decade that was the 90’s.
There you have it, my top 15 reasons why you should look forward to turning 30 and not be afraid of the big number. So strap in, enjoy being part of the dirty 30 crew and let’s CELEBRATE!
Also, come on over and say hey on Instagram if you’re not following me already 🙂