Apparently your 20s are the best time of your life and don’t get me wrong, mine were pretty awesome and if someone was trying to tell me why you should look forward to turning 30, I would have said BEHAVE! If I’m being truly honest, I wasn’t the best fan of turning 30, I just wanted to stay in my 20’s forever haha!
Whenever I used to moan about my age or wanting botox (I still do but this is a story for another time), my Mum would always remind me of the famous quote ‘Do not complain about growing old. It is a privilege denied to many’ and she is so right. I feel very lucky that I am in my 30’s and I actually finally feel like an adult haha!
Here are my top 15 reasons why life is amazing when you turn 30…
1. Throwing a big party – You only turn 30 once so make sure you enjoy every single minute of it. I had a small surprise party at home as I wasn’t best thrilled with turning 30! but if I could do it again, I would have seen it as something to celebrate.
2. You’re here for the Au Natural look – In my 20’s, I wouldn’t dream of leaving the house without my makeup on and although I love makeup so much, I’m confident enough now to embrace my own skin and go au natural at times.
3. Nights out on the town – Nights out change from nightclubs and throwing up in your kitchen sink after a few too many tequilas (ok, this actually happened in my 30’s but it was my hen party so cut me some slack) to nice quieter pubs where you can actually hear yourself think. I’m not selling this am I? That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t go to a nightclub though mind 🙂
4. Dating gets serious – As we grow older, we tend to be on the lookout for ‘The One’ which means less ghosting and more communication.
5. Saying goodbye to friendships – We say goodbye to toxic friendships and keep our circle small but strong – with your experience you can spot a bad friendship a mile away.
6. You won’t have everything figured out – People think that by the time you turn 30, you have to have everything figured out and that’s just not true. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself as the majority of us are still trying to work it out and I don’t think that’ll change anytime soon.
7. Don’t stop travelling – You don’t have to stop travelling just because you turn 30. Embrace new adventures and new opportunities to see the world.
8. You know who you are and what you like – Life just seems a lot easier compared to when you were 18 years old. Everything is just a little less complicated and you learn to concentrate on the important things in life.
9. You feel happy in your own skin – This is something that I am still working on but many people in their 30’s say they feel more confident in their bodies in comparison to their 20’s.
10. Fashion comes back around – Do you remember when you were younger and your Mum would always say, they were fashionable back in my day? Think denim pedal pushers, flares, scrunchies, ripped jeans etc. Hold on to your favourite fashion pieces ladies as guaranteed they will all be making a comeback. I really should have kept my trousers with the tassels and believing that I was the fourth member of TLC – only JOKING! or am I?
11. You still feel young – Just because you turn 30, it doesn’t mean that you’re doomed. Age is nothing but a number and I still feel like I am in my mid-20’s, plus most people genuinely think that I am in my late 20’s. I will take that any day of the week people!
12. You own your mistakes – This is such a big sign of maturity, stepping up to the plate and owning your mistakes instead of trying to pass it on to someone else.
13. Stop wasting time – Life really is so short and as we approach 30 (yes, I know it’s still really young) it really does give us a kick up the arse when it comes to making sure we accomplish all our goals and doing everything that we want to do.
14. You’re wiser – You may have gone through terrible heartbreak and worked a bunch of shitty jobs but now you’re wiser and know better. Instead of looking back cringing on the decade just gone, embrace the learning curve that you have been given when turning 30.
15. You remember the 90’s – The days of Clueless and cheesy boy bands; I am so happy that I got to be a part of the amazing decade that was the 90’s.
There you have it, my top 15 reasons why you should look forward to turning 30 and not be afraid of the big number. So strap in, enjoy being part of the dirty 30 crew and let’s CELEBRATE!
Also, come on over and say hey on Instagram if you’re not following me already 🙂
I can relate to this soooo much being a fellow 30+ haha I spent my 30th in Barcelona. Being in my 30’s is so much better as I started this decade with the love of my life and as you say without toxic friendships I had in the decade of my 20’s. Fab read as always girl xxx 😘
I did not know you were in your 30s?!?!? Whaaaat!! I second the bare skin because I am already there and I love the 90s too!! Xx
The 90s were just amazing, so happy I was around for it haha! Thanks so much for reading 🙂
Yay, I’m so happy that you can relate. I agree, saying goodbye to toxic friendships and people are a thing of the past for me. I just don’t have time for it anymore and I tend to keep my circle small for sure 🙂
Ah, this is so relatable. I am on the approach to 30, and still in denial about it. But as they say, age is just a number! Thanks for sharing this, it has made me feel slightly better about turning the big 3-0!
Yay, so happy that you feel better about it. I know a lot of people love turning 30 and I really wish I was one of those people but I really hated the idea. Now I am in my early 30’s, I love it. My 20’s were incredible and I was so sad to say goodbye but this decade so far is going well haha
Ah I love this!! I can relate to so many of these points. Definitely the ones about feeling more comfortable in your own skin and having make up free days. And quiet pub evenings! Great post ❤️
Thanks so much for reading Lisa and I’m so happy that you can relate. I love my makeup free days and pub evenings haha 🙂
ahhhhhhhh I turn 25 monday and I am already panicking! I feel like I have to have my life under control. But, these tips are great thank you !
I know what you mean, as I felt this way when I was 25 but honestly I didn’t have anything figured out when I turned 30 haha and that’s ok. Enjoy the rest of your 20’s 🙂 xxxx
I love this outfit in the post and some very good reasons here! Travelling is very important!
I completely agree Kyra and thanks so much for reading 🙂
I’m 27, and have actually been dreading turning 30! But, it so nice it isn’t as scary as it seems! xx
It really isn’t that scary at all. You have a few years left of those beautiful 20’s but trust me when I say, life really does get better when you hit the 30’s. Nothing to be scared off 🙂
This is soo relatable, I am nearly 34 which always scares me a little, but reading this makes me so grateful that I am in my 30’s and enjoying it. You make such a good point about the 90’s, what a cool decade to have been part of! And that is so true, you are only as old as you feel and I’m still somewhere in my twenties, hehe! Fab post Victoria and gorgeous photos too! <3 xx
Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com
Thanks Bexa for reading and for your lovely comment. So happy that you found it relatable as well, that just made my day. The 90’s were an incredible time weren’t they haha 🙂
I was so worried about turning 30, thinking it would be some big thing but it really wasn’t and I actually feel much happier in my 30s than I did my 20’s xo
Yes I completely agree, I loved my 20’s and had the best time but I’m really enjoying my 30’s right now and just embracing every day. I feel like a proper adult now haha
Another fab post gal! Only a few years off for me, but I’m kinda excited about it in a weird way. Love the comment about the nightclubbing and your hen do ha! xxx
Aww love the fact that you are excited about it, that’s how it should be. Yep, the hen party was a mess that’s for sure but that’s how they are meant to be right? hehe!
I am approching 30 too (in 2 years 🙈) and for now I am not afraid of it. Just today one lady that helped me out though I was still a student, so… It will definitely be different from my 20s but I am looking forward to it. And your mom is so right.
So happy to hear you’re not afraid of turning the big 30 and you shouldn’t be. I love being in my 30’s, I had a fab time in my 20’s but I’m really embracing this decade 🙂